Royal Hotel, Bath
- High energy bills
- Inefficient space heating
- Long delay getting hot water on top floor
- Re-lamped throughout, converting from incandescent to compact fluorescent bulbs
- Replaced 30-year old boilers and lagged all under-floor hot-water pipes
- Installed heavily insulated hot-water tank on top floor
- Halving of electricity bills from re-lamping, plus freeing up approx. Half a day a week of maintenance time from not having to change burned-out bulbs re-lamping paid for itself in about six weeks.
- 20% reduction in gas bills
- ‘Hot water delay’ on top floor cut from 10-12 minutes to less than 1
Lower running costs, more staff time, higher quality service.